NOTICE: By submitting a signed authorization permit, the applicant certifies that they have read the documents below and that they agree to comply with all requirements.
Small Scale Mining Authorization (Letter Permit)
- 2023 IDWR Small Scale Mining Program Instructions – Requirements for January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023
- 2023 Idaho Small Scale Mining Authorization (Letter Permit)– Permit authorizing an individual to alter a stream channel by small scale mining excluding the South Fork Clearwater River and McCoy Creek Drainage.
South Fork Clearwater River (SFCR) Special SupplementSFCR Special Supplement applications must be complete and received by IDWR by close of business June 1, 2023, to be considered. A complete application must include ALL supporting documentation, maps, fees, and applicant’s signature. For mining activity on the South Fork Clearwater River, use:
- 2023 IDWR South Fork Clearwater River Special Supplement– Application for consideration to operate a power sluice and/or a small suction dredge on the South Fork Clearwater River
- Example Maps and Diagrams for Supplement Applications
McCoy Creek Drainage (South Fork Snake River Basin)Joint Applications for dredging activity within the McCoy Creek drainage for the 2023 season will only be accepted by IDWR from April 1, 2023 – July 1, 2023. Applications received after July 1, 2023, will not be considered. Refer to page 20 of the 2023 IDWR Recreational Mining Program Instructions for further information about McCoy Creek drainage. For mining activity on McCoy Creek, use:
Mores Creek, Grimes Creek, Elk Creek, and Tributaries (within the Boise River Basin)For mining activity on Mores Creek, Grimes Creek, Elk Creek, and tributaries, use:
- 2023 IDWR Mores Creek, Grimes Creek, Elk Creek, and Tributaries Letter Permit Supplement Instructions & Form – Application for consideration to operate a power sluice and/or a small suction dredge on Mores Creek, Grimes Creek, Elk Creek, and tributaries