IDWR has statutory responsibility for regulating the drilling of wells and licensing of drillers and operators in Idaho. Idaho Code § 42-238 provides authority to the IDWR Director to protect the groundwater resources against waste and contamination as related to the licensing of drillers and operators of well drilling equipment. The Idaho Water Resource Board has adopted rules under the authority provided by § 42-238 Idaho Code. The Driller Licensing Rules, IDAPA 37.03.10, establish the requirements and procedures for obtaining and renewing authorization to drill wells.
Driller Licensing Forms
- Continuing Education Summary
- Enforcement Policy
- Conditions and Procedures for Using Start Cards
- Application for Idaho Well Drilling Company License
- Well Driller/Operator Company Transfer Form
- Application for Renewal of an Idaho Well Drilling Company License
- Well Driller’s Surety Bond
- Well Driller’s Cash Bond Pledge
- Well Driller’s Bond Continuation Certificate
- Well Driller Rig Plates Order Form
- Application for Idaho Well Driller License
- Application for Idaho Drilling Equipment Operator’s Permit
Well Driller Continuing Education
The Idaho Groundwater Association (IGWA) is delegated responsibility for development and implementation of a continuing education program. Review education opportunities at the IGWA website.