IWRB is charged with the development of the Idaho Comprehensive State Water Plan. The plan includes the statewide water policy plan and associated component basin and water body plans which cover specific geographic areas of the state.
On November 28, 2012, IWRB adopted a revised Idaho State Water Plan. The revised plan is the result of extensive public involvement and reflects the changing landscape of water in Idaho. The 2012 plan updates many policies from previous plans and adds policies related to new water management issues.
- State Water Plan – Adopted November 28, 2012
Proposed Addition of a Sustainability Section to the State Water Plan
At the request of Governor Otter, IWRB has developed a proposed change to the Idaho State Water Plan through the addition of a new Sustainability section. The proposed Sustainability section is the result of a robust public involvement process.
- Proposed Sustainability Section to the SWP – May 2016
- Boise Agenda, Audio – June 7, 2016
- Hailey Agenda, Audio – June 13, 2016
- Twin Falls Agenda, Audio – June 28, 2016
- Sandpoint Agenda, Audio – July 20, 2016
- Lewiston Agenda, Audio – August 23, 2016
- Idaho Falls Agenda, Audio – August 30, 2016
- Chubbuck Agenda, Audio -September 14, 2016
- Written Comments and Exhibits on Proposed Sustainability Policy – 2016
- Summary of Public Comments regarding Proposed Sustainability Policy – 2016
- Final Sustainability Section – Adopted November 2, 2016
The public comment period commenced on Friday, May 20, 2016, and remained open through the close of business on Friday, September 30, 2016.
2012 Revision Process
During the public comment period from June 18, 2012 through September 21, 2012, seven public hearings were held and written comments and exhibits were submitted. After considering the comments and testimony, the assigned board committee made recommendations that are reflected in the current plan.