National Flood Insurance Program
The IDWR floodplain manager also helps communities in planning for floods, conducts training of floodplain protection and reviews work done within floodplains to ensure that it will not cause an increase in flood levels if flooding occurs.
- Does Your Community Participate in the National Flood Insurance Program? – If so, flood insurance is widely available through the NFIP or floodsmart.gov.
- Executive Order No. 2023-02 Signed by Governor Little Regarding Provisions for State Cooperation with the National Flood Insurance Program under the National Flood Insurance Act of 1968, As Amended
- Flooding After Fire – A fact sheet for those who may have been affected by recent wildfires.
NFIP General Irrigation Floodplain Development Guidance
- NFIP Irrigation and Drainage Permit Guidance Memorandum – February 28, 2019
- NFIP Irrigation and Drainage Permit Process Flowchart, Irrigation Permitting Chart and FAQs -September 17, 2019
- NFIP Irrigation and Drainage Permit Guidance Letters – May 20, 2019 and May 30, 2019
- Memorandum of Agreement between IDWR and FEMA – July 06, 2022
- 2019 NFIP Irrigation and Drainage Permit Guidance Webinar Presentation – August 7, 2019