Official Government Website

File a Claim

Method 1: Online Notice of Claim to a Water Right Form

You can choose to file electronically rather than using the paper form. Our step-by-step process helps you to enter your information into our online database and to file your Notice of Claim to a Water Right.

Method 2: Paper Notice of Claim to a Water Right Form

Print and complete the following forms, and then mail the signed copies to the nearest IDWR Regional Office.

If your water use is limited to domestic and/or stockwater purposes, and your daily use is less than 13,000 gallons, use the following claim forms.

For all complete list of Adjudication claim forms and instructions, visit the Forms page.

ver: 3.0.0a | last updated:
Jump back to top of page button