This manual is a comprehensive reference specific to IDWR-created water districts, appointed watermasters, and other water district officials referenced in Chapter 6, Title 42, Idaho Code. It contains technical resources and guidelines associated with water district operations, administrative processes, and watermaster responsibilities, including the proper delivery of water.
Below are the current publications that together comprise IDWR’s Water District Operations Manual.
- Part I: Introduction to Water Districts – basic information for anyone unfamiliar with IDWR-created water districts
- Part II: Administrative Processes – detailed information regarding the roles and responsibilities of watermasters and water district officials
- Appendices – additional information and references for Water District Operations Manual Parts I and II
- Watermaster Handbook – administrative and technical field guide for watermasters
- Idaho Open Meeting Law Manual
- Idaho Statutes Pertaining to Canals and Laterals
- Chapter 6, Title 42, Idaho Code – Distribution of Water Among Appropriators
- Idaho Ethics in Government Manual
- Water Measurment Publications
Additional documents will be added soon. If you have questions about a topic not addressed here, contact the IDWR Water Distribution Section at (208)287-4800 or e-mail IDWR’s water distribution team.