2019 Reauthorization of IDWR and IWRB Administrative Rules
At the close of the 2019 Legislative Session, the Idaho Legislature did not reauthorize all existing administrative rules, including the rules of the Idaho Department of Water Resources (IDWR) and the Idaho Water Resource Board (IWRB). Because the administrative rules were not reauthorized, at the direction of Governor Little, to ensure existing rules remain in effect, IDWR and the IWRB published their rules on June 19, 2019 as both temporary and proposed rules, in Administrative Bulletin Vol. 19-6SE in accordance with Idaho Code § 67-5226.
Governor Little's April 23, 2019, Administrative Rules Press Release
The following IDWR and IWRB temporary and proposed rules notices were published on June 19, 2019 in Administrative Bulletin Vol. 19-6SE
The IDWR's and IWRB's Temporary Rules went into effect on June 30, 2019. The Temporary Rules will remain in effect through the end of the 2020 Legislative Session at which time they expire. IDWR and the IWRB are now in the process of moving their Proposed Rules forward. Following the June 19, 2019 publication of IDWR and IWRB rules, IDWR timely received written comments from two entities. Both written comments can be viewed here.
- Written Comment 1
- Written Comment 2
In addition, the Department timely received eleven (11) requests to hold a "public hearing/oral presentation" regarding the June publication of the IDWR and IWRB rules. All requests for "public hearing/oral presentation" received by IDWR can be viewed here.
- Combined Petitions
In response to the requests, IDWR and the IWRB will hold three (3) public meetings during the month of September, to give the public an opportunity to orally present on the IDWR and IWRB Proposed Rules and to submit written comments in person. Public meetings will be held consistent with Idaho Code §
67-5222, at the following dates, times, and locations:
September 11, 2019, 6:30 - 8:30 PM,
Kootenai County Administration Building
Conference Room 1A
451 Government Way,
Coeur d' Alene, ID 83814
- Coeur d' Alene Sign-In Sheet
- Coeur d' Alene Rules Review Hearing
- Summer Bushnell email Comments
- IDWR and IWRB, Rules to Allow to Expire Memorandum
September 23, 2019, 6:30 - 8:30 PM,
Bonneville County Courthouse
605 N. Capital Ave,
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
- - - No participants attended the Idaho Falls Rules Hearing on September 23, 2019
September 26, 2019, 6:30 - 8:30 PM,
Idaho Water Center (IDWR State Office)
6th Floor, Conference Rooms 602B-C
322 E. Front Street, Boise, ID 83702
- Boise Sign-In Sheet
- Boise Rules Review Hearing
- Don Smith Written Comment
- As required by law, official notice of the public meetings was published in Vol. 19-8 of the Administrative Bulletin on August 7, 2019 (pp. 130-131), which can be viewed
- Following the public meetings, IDWR will consider all oral and written comments, amend the Proposed Rules accordingly, and publish the Proposed Rules as Pending Rules in a November Administreative Bulletin. The Pending Rules are then considered by the Legislature during the 2020 Session. If approved by the legislature, the IDWR and IWRB Pending Rules will become permanent rules at the close of the 2020 Legislative Session.
If you have questions regarding the on-going IDWR and IWRB Proposed Rule Making process, you can email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact IDWR's Rules Review Officer, Mathew Weaver at (208)287-4800.
Idaho Administrative Code