Stream Channel Protection Program Forms
Stream Channel Alteration Permit Forms
Recreational Mining Permit Forms
NOTICE: By submitting a signed authorization permit, the applicant certifies that they have read the documents below and that they agree to comply with all requirements.
- 2019 IDWR Recreational Mining Program Instructions
- Requirements for April 1, 2019 through March 31, 2020
- 2019 Idaho Recreational Mining Authorization (Letter Permit)
- Permit authorizing an individual to alter a stream channel by recreational mining excluding the South Fork Clearwater River and McCoy Creek Drainage.
- South Fork Clearwater River
For mining activity on the South Fork Clearwater River, use:
- McCoy Creek Drainage (South Fork Snake Basin)
For mining activity on the McCoy Creek Drainage, use:
- Mores Creek, Grimes Creek, Elk Creek, and tributaries (Boise Basin)
For mining activity on Mores Creek, Grimes Creek, Elk Creek, and tributaries, use:
- Invasive Species Information
IMPORTANT! If you are moving water out of the stream/river, such as when using high banker equipment, you might need to include the Temporary Water Right Application form and fee along with the Recreational Mining Authorization form.