Stream Channel Protection Program Forms
Stream Channel Alteration Permit Forms
Recreational Mining Permit Forms
NOTICE: By submitting a signed authorization permit, the applicant certifies that they have read the documents below and that they agree to comply with all requirements.
- Recreational Mining Authorization (Letter Permit)
- 2021 IDWR Recreational Mining Program Instructions
- Requirements for April 1, 2021 through March 31, 2022
- 2021 Idaho Recreational Mining Authorization (Letter Permit)
- Permit authorizing an individual to alter a stream channel by recreational mining excluding the South Fork Clearwater River and McCoy Creek Drainage.
- South Fork Clearwater River (SFCR) Special Supplement
SFCR Special Supplement applications must be complete and received by IDWR by close of business June 1, 2021, to be considered. A complete application must include ALL supporting documentation, maps, fees, and applicant's signature.
For mining activity on the South Fork Clearwater River, use:
- McCoy Creek Drainage (South Fork Snake River Basin)
Joint Applications for dredging activity within the McCoy Creek drainage for the 2021 season will only be accepted by IDWR from April 1, 2021 – July 1, 2021. Applications received after July 1, 2021, will not be considered. Refer to page 20 of the 2021 IDWR Recreational Mining Program Instructions for further information about McCoy Creek drainage.
For mining activity on McCoy Creek, use:
- Mores Creek, Grimes Creek, Elk Creek, and Tributaries (within the Boise River Basin)
For mining activity on Mores Creek, Grimes Creek, Elk Creek, and tributaries, use:
- Invasive Species Information